Demolition of the BonTon and Borders store in Lower Allen Township is underway and the first new business on the site has been announced.
Joining Bonefish Grill and Texas Roadhouse will be a Springhill Suites by Marriott.
The Lower Allen Township Development Authority (“LATDA”) purchased the property to assist with the redevelopment and assure the site would not sit empty, as has been the case with other department store properties. The Springhill Suites is the first new business to be locating at the site, though several other retail and restaurants have expressed interest in the highly visible location.
Springhill Suites by Marriott offers a fresh and stylish take on the travel experience. Springhill consistently ranks among the top Marriott brands in guest satisfaction, and has won numerous J. D. Power awards for guest service.
The 5-story, 124 guest room Springhill Suites by Marriott Camp Hill is slated to open in 2021. It will feature:
- Outdoor spaces feature a fire pit and soft-seating areas to connect and relax.
- Spacious suites allow separate living and sleeping areas.
- A much-larger-than-usual fitness center offers a wider variety of fitness equipment.
- Suites are technically functional with USB ports strategically built-in throughout.
- The interactive digital wall art, features brand curated artwork with moving elements and brand/hotel information designed to activate the lobby space and create engagement with guests.
- A sleep sofa with trundle and accent pillow offer additional guest room surface area or bed.
- Hot complimentary breakfast with a variety of proteins, fresh fruit and healthy options, available daily.
- Seasonal beverage cart and snacks for purchase in the evenings. Guests can enjoy their selections in the activated lobby with games.
This Springhill Suites by Marriott Camp Hill is being developed and managed by Springhill Hospitality of York, PA, who in the past eight years has earned several national awards from Hilton and Marriott. Spingwood currently operates 12 hotels, with a 13th hotel also opening this month. In the three-month period through this September, Springwood is opening three new, central Pennsylvania hotels:
- Tru by Hilton Hershey Chocolate Avenue, Hershey
- The Wilbur Lititz Hilton Tapestry Collection Hotel, Lititz
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Harrisburg, at Susquehanna Marketplace
Learn more about Springwood at www.SpringwoodHospitality.com
For interviews, please contact Justin Shelton, President 717-718-2996 firstname.lastname@example.org
CAMPBELL Commercial Real Estate, Inc.’s team including Larry Kostelac, Jessica Gasper, and Art Campbell are marketing the property on behalf of LATDA and are handling the sale to Springwood Hospitality. For additional information, they may be contacted at 717-737-6161 or acampbell.net.